My job takes the form of travelling all over Tokyo and training. I am probably a commuting- or training- induced trance for about six hours a day. Combined with morning dreams, the drifting hours before sleep and solitary evenings before my roommate comes home, I have a lot of time for interior dialogues.
As regular home internet access is a luxury that I can ill-afford, I spend a lot more time thinking about things to write on this blog than actually writing in it. Here are some topics that I would be writing if I had regular internet at home:
- The nature of interior dialogues
- The conflict between the solitary and social facets of a physical artist
- My grandparents and their experiences as second generation Japanese-Americans
- The desert project
- Saturday’s all-night party in Yoyogi Koen
- The strange mental sensation of reading 200+ pages every day without fail.
I don’t mean to give excuses. This is my to-do list. It will be done.